-->

Assam to weed out ‘ghost schools and teachers’: Education minister Ranoj Pegu

Date:

Share post:

Guwahati, July 10: State Education minister Ranoj Pegu on Sunday said after “ghost students”, Assam is planning to weed out “ghost schools and teachers”.

Talking to media persons, Pegu said, “Special grants to schools which failed to provide complete information about staff have been put on hold, with salaries of such employees to be stopped in the next two months,”.

“We had already detected ghost students. Now, there could be ghost schools and teachers. It is done to obtain government funds for various purposes. Around 4.50 lakh ghost students in government and private schools were detected in the state in June during reconciliation of enrolment figures with that of the previous year,” he said.

Pegu informed that over 11,000 lower and upper primary government schools have failed to provide complete data of their staff, comprising both teaching and non-teaching, as sought by the department.

“Now we are putting on hold the grants. If they don’t give the details, salaries may also have to be stopped from August or September,” he said.

He said, “If they can’t provide even those few details, the government cannot pay them a salary out of public money. We are accountable to the people. While 2.08 lakh teaching and non-teaching employees of these schools have uploaded their details, about 35,500 are yet to do it,”.

Also read: Three lifeless bodies recovered from ISBR building in NST

Share post:

-->
spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Manipur | Hukum ka Sorkar ban khangdam ia ki jaka pule haduh 3 sngi ba sniew ka jinglong jingman

Imphal, Nailar 20: Ka sorkar Manipur ka la bthah...

“Ka jingkem iaki Nongialam kan ym pyntlot ia ka KSU “ | Pynbna u President barim ban bteng ka jingiakhih

Shillong, Nailar 20: U President barim ka Khasi Students’...

Pynrem ka JNC ba shah khynra ka Ophis KSU, kem ia ki nongialam | Suba leh buit sain pyrthei

Shillong, Nailar 20: Ka Jaintia National Council (INC), Central...

Shillong Violence: Meghalaya Tourism moves to reassure visitors

Shillong, August 20: The Meghalaya Tourism Department has stepped...