-->

Shillong vendors shift to new zones, get Rs 20,000 govt aid

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG, JUL 28: Street vendors from Polo and Jail Road have started operating from new vending zones in Shillong as the state pushes ahead with relocations under the Meghalaya Street Vendors Scheme, 2023.

The Urban Affairs Department said vendors earlier on Jail Road have moved to the Parking Lot opposite SBI, while Polo vendors have shifted to the zone near Matri Mandir.

Of 132 stalls at Matri Mandir, 70 are occupied. At the SBI lot, 9 of 79 stalls are in use. Another 22 vendors from Secretariat Hills and IGP Junction will relocate there on July 29.

The department said the process was completed through consultations and “without any strict enforcement.”

To support the transition, the government will provide a ₹20,000 relocation package to vendors holding a valid Certificate of Vending under the Chief Minister’s Urban Livelihood Grant.

It includes ₹10,000 upfront and ₹2,000 monthly for five months.

So far, 65 CoVs have been issued for the SBI zone and 106 for Matri Mandir.

“The positive response from vendors reflects their cooperation,” the department said, acknowledging the Town Vending Committee, District Administration, Shillong Municipal Board and Traffic Police for coordination.

Relocation in Laitumkhrah will begin August 17.

The government aims to accommodate all eligible vendors in designated zones by September 2025, after which “notified no vending zones will be strictly enforced” to reduce congestion and improve pedestrian movement.

Share post:

-->
spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Mudui ejahar ka JNC pyrshah ia ka FB Page ba pynsaphriang khubor lamler

Shillong, Nailar 18: Ka Jaintia National Council (JNC) Western...

Pynbna ka Sorkar ia ka song jingiarap ia ki nong Dalu ba iap pluh ding ha West Bengal

Shillong, Nailar 17: Ka Sorkar Meghalaya kala pynbna ban...

Hiar jurip ki bor district ia ka Lum Survey | Pyntip ba pynsangeh ka HC ban kyndang ia ki Iing

Shillong, Nailar 17 : Ki bor district ka East...

Sangma condoles death of Meghalaya pilgrims killed in Birbhum fire, says Govt coordinating

Shillong, August 17: Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma...