-->

Another person arrested in Shillong IED blast incident, arrest tally goes up to 4

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG, MAR 23: One more person was arrested on Saturday for his involvement in the March 9-IED bomb blast in Them Iew Mawlong. The tally of arrests has gone up to four.

“We have arrested a 4th person today in connection with the bomb blast case. (He was identified as) Sansharbha Makdoh (24), a resident of Umroi, Ri-Bhoi,” East Khasi Hills Superintendent of Police Rituraj Ravi said.

“However, it’s to be mentioned that the investigation in the case still continues from all angles,” he said.

On March 19, 21-year-old Namphyrnai Lyngdoh Peinlang from Peinlang village was arrested from Mairang, Eastern West Khasi Hills and was brought to Shillong on Monday. He has been identified as one of the main suspects in the case.

The SP had informed that Namphyrnai was in contact with active members of the proscribed Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC). According to him, police is determined to bring all the perpetrators who played a role in the conspiracy, abetment, financing, and carrying out the task of bomb blast to justice.

Earlier on March 11, 58-year-old Tarson Lymba, who is an HNYF leader, was arrested from Dawki while Ebakordor Nongpluh (26) from Shillong (in Malki area) following the bomb blast incident.

Share post:

-->
spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Centre seeks distinguished academician for NEHU top post, sets June 18 deadline

SHILLONG, MAY 20: The Ministry of Education has invited...

Manipur | Iakhih ki thei Naga ha Jylla ban dawa pynlait noh ia ki 6 ngut kiba shah rahbor

Imphal, Jymmang 20: Ka kynhun ki kynthei Naga ha...

Tur ki Sengbhalang sha Ophis u DC ka EJH namar ka public hearing ka Shree Cement

Shillong, Jymmang 20 : Ki kynhun Sengbhalang bad ki...