-->

80% of legacy waste removed from Marten, site to be reclaimed in few years: Meghalaya Deputy CM

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG, JUL 8: The legacy waste project at Marten landfill is in its final stages, with over 2.5 lakh tonnes of accumulated waste already cleared, Deputy Chief Minister in-charge of Urban Affairs Sniawbhalang Dhar said on Wednesday.

Dhar said the government is working to clear the existing waste at the old dumping site even as it awaits a new landfill for Shillong.

“The existing waste at the old Marten site is almost cleared. We have already removed 2.5 lakh tonnes of legacy waste,” Dhar told reporters.

Advertisement

He expressed hope that the area would be fully reclaimed within the next few years.

“In a few years from now, the place will look completely different,” he said.

According to Dhar, nearly 80 percent of the legacy waste at Marten has been processed and removed so far.

“While we are waiting for the new landfill, almost 80 percent of the legacy waste has already been taken out from the old landfill site,” he added.

Share post:

-->
spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Kyntu u bah Titos ia ka Sorkar ban pyniaid sted noh ia ka jingtyrwa Umtyngar-Shella state highway

Shillong, Nailar 19: U General Secretary ka UDP bad...

Thang taiar ki runar ha surok marjan ka Civil Hospital

Shillong, Nailar 19 : KI runar ki bym lah...

Na footpath sha ki dukan ba shna kyrpang | Pynkynriah ka Sorkar ia 750 tylli ki dukan madan ha Shillong

Shillong, Nailar 19 : Ka Sorkar Meghalaya kala pynkynriah...

Dep kyrtiew kyrdan ia ki tiar sumar ha Byrnihat CHC kumba bthah ka Iingkashari : Wailad

Shillong, Nailar 18: U Myntri ka tnat ka koit...