-->

Minister file FIR against The Garo Hills Times for assassination claim

Date:

Share post:

Shillong, Feb 14: Cabinet Minister Marcuise N. Marak has filed an FIR against the social media page “The Garo Hills Times” for spreading false and fabricated information on his assassination.

In a formal complaint to the Superintendent of Police, East Garo Hills District, the minister said that on February 13, 2025, the page falsely claimed he had been assassinated and that the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) had taken responsibility for the act.

“The circulation of such misinformation is a deliberate attempt to incite panic, mislead the public, and disrupt law and order,” Marak said in his complaint.

“This false report poses a serious threat to public security and must be dealt with strictly.”

Marak has urged the police to conduct an immediate investigation and take legal action against those responsible for spreading the misinformation

He also enclosed a copy of the post as evidence and called for stringent measures to prevent such deceptive practices in the future.

“The Garo Hills Times” page on Thursday falsely claimed that the GNLA had assassinated Cabinet Minister and Williamnagar MLA Marcuise N Marak.

Share post:

-->
spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Khang pyrshah ka Ri-Bhoi ia ka pakhang surok bad khang kali hapdeng ka jingkynad ka Assam-Meghalaya

Shillong, Nailar 23 : Ka bor district ka Ri-Bhoi...

Shah lute ki rangbah Khasi ha Assam | Shah knieh lut ka pisa ba thmu thied trok

Nongstoin, Nailar 23 : Hynriew ngut ki rangbah khasi...

Tyrkhong ki petrol pump ha Shillong ba sangeh pynpoi umphniang na Assam

Shillong, Nailar 23: Ki petrol pump ha kylleng ka...